A diary of our family's house building project in the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia. Also my ponderings on family life, living with Asperger's Syndrome, running an ebay business & a place to share my photography.

Thursday 18 September 2008

Waiting...

We have applied for an extension on our mortgage. Not because we have run out of money, we're actually doing OK on the building front, but so I can stop working until we get into the house. Or maybe not quite stop, but slow right down, any work I do will be a bonus. We are trying to borrow the money we'd need to cover all our bills & loan repayments until the end of the year. This way we can just focus on the house. Kim can get over there early every morning without having to help me with either my packaging or the kids. We had the land valued yesterday so we are just waiting to hear from the bank if it is valued high enough to get the extra money. Wee only need an evaluation of $215 000 so it shouldn't be a problem.
We look at it as buying time, just like you'd buy a holiday. It will hardly be a holiday but it will be heaven for me! I have worked hard for the last 12 years. I am hardly daring to believe it might happen quite yet! I'm not good at waiting, I want to know NOW!!
The funny thing is that the loans manager at the bank has offered us a different mortgage so with the extra money our repayments will actually drop by $50 a month!
Come on phone....ring!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

how many visitors have I had?

clustrmap

Followers