A diary of our family's house building project in the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia. Also my ponderings on family life, living with Asperger's Syndrome, running an ebay business & a place to share my photography.

Wednesday 19 November 2008

A new kitchen roof---part 1

Our house has changed! I have so many photos to post, I don't know where to start so I'll break it down into eposides, otherwise I'll never get this post finished.
We have a flowering waratah.

Photobucket

We're geting more & more birds.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

One of our black boys (that's a plant for those of you that don't know)  grew a stem (thingy), so, so quickly. 


Photobucket

We have our 2nd window installed.

Photobucket
Photobucket

We bought ironbark 6" x 6" posts from our local timber mill. Planed & sanded them. They will form the outer supports of the kitchen. 
Got lots of help from Finn, Ivy, Jasper & Ziggy. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Stef & Ziggy, enjoying a gorgeous night about 2 weeks ago.

Photobucket

Finn & Ivy are into their 6th week at the Cottage, doing OK but our departures are no easier. They do enjoy going though. I love them going. Better get some work done, stay tuned for part 2.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so cool. I gotta say, the kids reminds me of two sons when we stayed in Miami, Florida. Roofing renovation in our house was fun with them around. Anyway, the works we had were successful with the help of the Miami roofing company that we contacted. We chose metals so prepare the house for the coming summer. They say it minimizes the heat.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

how many visitors have I had?

clustrmap

Followers