A diary of our family's house building project in the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia. Also my ponderings on family life, living with Asperger's Syndrome, running an ebay business & a place to share my photography.

Sunday 31 August 2008

THE ROOF IS ON!

What a great day it was when our roof was completed! Our house is starting to look like a house!
The roof isn't actually complete but at least the house is now covered. The central part of the house that juts out is our kitchen. The long lengths of roofing iron you see will be cut up high & then a roof section will come out at 90 degrees to the rest of the roof. We just had the lengths to cover it for now so Kim left it as is until he gets to the next stage.
We are VERY happy with how it's looking ( :



Photobucket
isn't it lovely ( :
all our hard work is finally paying off & the rewards are becoming so much more obvious.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Looking from the east side.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
this is the back of the house as seen from our neighbour's driveway.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We're really happy with how the house is discreet from the back due to the 900mm excavation we did. It's not much but it made a big difference. We are also delighted to hear from our neighbours Sid & Natalie that they can't see any of our house from any window of their house. This is due to the placement of their studio/garage which although small blocks us completely. We all appreciate privacy so are very pleased with this result. When you live on 1/2 an acre in the bush you don't want to look at buildings!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the back of the house Kim's very happy with his straight lines!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
some wind shelter, it's been FREEZING!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
FRONT ON, HOUSE FACES NORTH

1 comment:

mmmandy! said...

Hi Toni
I'm from Sheye's workshop. I have to say that I am very impressed that you are building a house! It's somthing that my husband and I dream about doing someday. We live in this little house that is literally wedged between 2 BIG ones so I'm very envious of all your space! :) I love all your trees too.

I SO hope that I get the opportunity to visit Australia someday- I think it's just amazingly beautiful!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

how many visitors have I had?

clustrmap

Followers