A diary of our family's house building project in the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia. Also my ponderings on family life, living with Asperger's Syndrome, running an ebay business & a place to share my photography.

Wednesday 30 January 2008

scroungers

Kim & I are self professed junkies, no not drugs, we love junk. At the moment the "chuckouts" are on, for those less informed this is the time that people place their unwanted goods on the side of the road for council workers to collect. We take great pleasure in saving these treasures from landfill, greenies that we are. So in the last week or so we have a clothes dryer!!! (look at ebay item 320211777520, same as our 'new' one), a 3 way camping fridge, old but works perfectly, new ride on plastic stuff for the kids (as if they need it!), nice pine chest of drawers, imaculate timber venetians x 4, an incredible toilet (my favourite find, photos to come, it's amazing!), plastic drop down blinds for the verandah, boxes of books, very nice rugs, an old ornate fire place surround in cast iron (bound for our outdoor bathroom someday I think, we have 2 clawfoot baths, one for indoors & one for my long dreamt of outdoor "bathroom"), brooms, new mops, a gorgeous old cane chair, 2 art deco light fitting & lots more that I can't think of right now. I hate that people throw such great stuff to landfill but I love that we can just collect it for free! I really don't get why these people can't take these things to the charity shops though, what are they thinking? Oh, I forgot to mention the 200 year old violin. I'm not kidding. thank god we saved it. It is just gorgeous & quite valuable. A Hopf from germany. Oh, and at least 100m of thick black plastic pipe that will connect the house to the water tank (quite an effort to get it onto the truck!).

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

how many visitors have I had?

clustrmap

Followers